Toshiba Qosmio X70-ABT3G22: A Desktop Alternative of Superior Caliber
Toshiba may not be a brand to reckon with when it comes to hardcore gaming laptops, but the Qosmio X70-ABT3G22 begged to differ. It’s not as flashy as the Alienware 17 or as cheap as the Samsung 7 Series Gamer. However, Toshiba will always stand out for its durability and robustness.
Build and Design
The Toshiba Qosmio X70-ABT3G22 sports a diamond-textured sleek metallic finish that showcases its simple beauty. As previously said, it’s not as fancy as Alienware. Nonetheless, the Qosmio X70′s shell is strikingly attractive with its red accents, dark Black Widow finish and red-backlit premium raised-tile keyboard.
Despite its solid build, the Toshiba Qosmio X70-ABT3G22′s aluminum body only weighs 7.6 lbs, which is a lot less than its rivals Alienware 17x and Asus G75W. Therefore, it not only looks pretty but it’s also sturdy and lightweight. In terms of physical attributes, this Toshiba gaming laptop passes with flying colors.
Performance and Graphics
Packed with a 17.3″(diagonal) widescreen Tru-Brite LED-Backlit Full HD display, avid movie viewers and gamers will spend countless hours enjoying this desktop alternative’s visually stunning graphics.
Add that with the latest Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-4700QM and 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M (GDDR5) GPU, not even Max Payne 3, Dirt 3 or Skyrim can stop it from running flawlessly at high settings and 4x anti-aliasing.
Often times, laptops with great speed, visuals and performance end up having mediocre sound quality. This isn’t the case for the Toshiba Qosmio X70-ABT2G22.
Harman Kardon speakers incorporated in the model will guarantee users rich-textured, quality audio for their gaming and multimedia needs. Another standout feature the Qosmio X70 series is its “Sleep and Music” where music lovers are given the option to use this gaming laptop as a sound dock.
This Toshiba model has 4 memory slots with a total RAM capacity of 32 GB. Two of these slots are accessible to the users for memory upgrade.
Overall, the Qosmio X70-ABT3G22 is a perfect choice for gamers who are looking for a desktop replacement with solid performance and a certain degree of mobility.
Toshiba made it clear that the Qosmio would be a keeper for years to come.
They provided it with abundant port options. To start with, this model has 4 Superspeed USB 3.0 ports (2 of which are capable of Toshiba’s Sleep and Charge), an HDMI, Ethernet LAN, and RGB port. It’s also built with a memory card reader.
The Toshiba Qosmio X70-ABT3G22 comes with the standard 802.11 b,g,n Wireless LAN. Users may opt for premium wireless networking which includes Bluetooth v4.
Pros and Cons
The Qosmio X70-ABT3G22 easily outperforms a number of gaming laptops of the same caliber. Unfortunately, like most Toshiba models, low battery life and price can pose an issue. Below is a summary of this Qosmio X70′s pros and cons.
1. Beautiful design and robust build. Not only is the Qosmio X70 aesthetically-pleasing, it is also sturdy enough to withstand more than the normal wear and tear.
2. Amazing performance. Toshiba’s Qosmio X70-ABT3G22 may look like a typical notebook, but its internals is no joke. Hardcore gamers will appreciate the i7 processor with Turbo Boost and 3GB graphics card that keeps memory and graphic-intensive apps and games running the way they should be.
3. Port abundance. Trust Toshiba to provide users with their modern and traditional needs. It’s not often consumers will find a laptop sporting all USB 3.0 ports and the widely-used VGA connector.
4. 3D Viewing. The 17.3″ HD display supports 3D viewing. With the help of Toshiba’s software, 2D content can also be converted to 3D for better viewing experience.
1. Not cheap. There’s no question that the Toshiba Qosmio X70 is one of the best choices for consumers who are willing to spend a little more to get the best.
2. Short battery life. Just like most gaming laptops, the Toshiba Qosmio X70-ABT3G22 has an average battery life of 3.9 hours for light usage while intense gaming will cut it short to 2.5.
The Toshiba Qosmio X70-ABT3G22 is, without a doubt, one extremely powerful desktop alternative.
With specs that are capable of running memory and graphic-intensive applications effortlessly, it’s no surprise that this series has received high ratings from prominent tech review websites.
With Toshiba, users get what they pay for and more- durability, superior performance and beauty in simplicity.
Specifications (before customization):
Up to Windows 8.1 Pro
up to 4rd generation Intel Core i7-4700QM processor 3.40 GHz with turbo boost
Up to 32GB memory
750GB hard drive, upgradeable up to 1.0TB (5400rpm); Hybrid 8G Serial ATA
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M 3GB graphics
17.3″ FHD TruBrite LED Backlit Display (1920 x 1080)
SRS Premium Sound 3D, harman/kardon Quad Speakers
HDMI and 3.0 USB ports
Weight 7.7 lbs
Battery life: up to 3.9 hours
How to upgrade a Hard Drive to SSD on the Qosmio X870-BT3G23
Top 5 High-Performance Ultrabooks for 2014
Portege Z935 Ultrabook – The New Ultralight Computer From Toshiba
Toshiba Satellite P70: Performance that Excites
Alienware 18 Gaming Laptop – The Best from Dell